Because such a high degree of specialization is required, many businesses opt to outsource dimensional inspection services to a provider that has the necessary expertise. In addition to being cost-effective, another benefit of outsourcing these services is the ability to obtain independent third-party validation.
Look for these seven features in a dimensional inspection service:
- Equipment quality - State-of-the-art measuring instruments are required to get the most precise measurements. Ensure that any provider you work with uses only the best available equipment.
- Facility quality - A good provider will have an environmentally controlled facility with high security standards. Customer confidentiality should be a priority and the provider's facilities and policies should be reflective of this commitment.
- Testing diversity - There are countless measurement and inspection needs across a broad range of industries. A provider that works across multiple industries and provides a diverse range of testing methods will be able to meet your dimensional inspection needs, no matter how your business changes over time.
- Trained staff - The most sophisticated equipment is useless without highly trained metrologists, test engineers, and technicians to operate it and analyze results.
- Regulatory standards - Look for a provider that is ISO 17025 accredited to the minimum standards required in your industry. All measurements should also meet NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) traceability standards.
- Reporting capability - Analysis of test results is a critical part of the dimensional inspection process. A good provider should be able to customize reports so that you and all other stakeholders can clearly and quickly understand the test results.
- Portability - In some cases, you may need the equipment and the testing personnel to come to your facility.
Q-Plus Labs meets all these criteria and more. We are a full-service provider with expertise in a variety of industries, manufacturing methods, and testing technologies. Whether you need to validate a valve for a race car, the curvature of a prosthetic, or a surface profilometry measurement for a machined part, our highly trained staff has the expertise and the technology to do it. Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of outsourcing your dimensional inspection needs.