If you have determined that 3D scanning services are the best solution for your reverse engineering or first article inspection needs, selecting a qualified provider is the next step. Like any type of outsourcing, you must be sure that you are working with a provider that will produce accurate results in a timely manner. However, accuracy and timeliness are not the only two factors to consider.
5 Essential Qualities of a 3D Scanning Services ProviderLook for these five important attributes when selecting a 3D scanning services provider for your application:
- Expertise - 3D scanning is still a relatively new technology in the realm of metrology, and not all providers are equal. Ask potential providers how long they have been using 3D scanning, how many types of 3D scanners they use, and what types of applications they are experienced with.
- Diversity - The more applications, industries, and scanning technologies a provider is experienced with, the more qualified it will be. Using different types of scanners across multiple industries gives technicians the ability to choose the right type of device, troubleshoot problems as they arise, and avoid mistakes in the first place.
- Flexibility - If you need a fast turnaround for first article inspection or for any other reason, select a provider that is flexible enough to fit you into its schedule. If you know in advance that you will need to move quickly, the provider should be able to accommodate you and even work closely with you to prepare as much as possible before the part arrives.
- Technology - You want a partner that uses the latest technology and offers a broad range of scanning capabilities. There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all solution to 3D scanning. The more options a provider has available, the more likely it can find the solution that best matches your needs, even as they change over time.
- Certifications - ISO certification and accreditation are indicators that your provider is compliant with regulatory bodies and committed to quality. ISO certification is not a requirement for every industry, so be sure to ask any potential providers about their status.
Q-PLUS Labs offers a vast array of 3D scanning services for a broad range of industries. Whether you want to reverse engineer an aerospace part, inspect the first object off a new manufacturing line, or scan a body part to create a medical device, we have the solutions you need. Contact us today for a free customized quote or to learn more.
What are you looking for in a 3D scanning service provider?